Sunday, December 11, 2011

Characteristics I have as a good System Analyst

               System Analyst based on what I knew is the one that investigate, analyze, design, develop, installs, evaluates, and maintains a company’s information systems. System analysts figure out how to use computer to get things done. They also tell organization and other businesses which computer and software to buy, and they decide how to get those tools to work together. They are called the problem solver and they also help translate business requirements into IT projects or Information System. System analyst should have a strong backgrounds and experiences in dealing with problems.
                System analyst should have a logical approach or methods in solving problems. System analyst also should have great expertise and knowledge about technology, in computers (hardware), computer network (connectivity). System analyst should have also have experiences and knowledge about database design, and database management system. System analyst also should have to know different programming language, and operating system and its utilities. System analyst must know the how to use software tools such as IDEs, CASE tools, reverse engineering, and tools that are in the computer. System analyst should know System analysts have the skill of making plans, database design, network design, system design, and constructing system support.
                System analyst should have knowledge about how businesses run or managed, or they have to know what are the business functions that the business currently performing. System analyst should have the skill to identify Strategies, plans, traditions, and values of the organization. The system analyst must know the organization management techniques. And lastly, System analyst should have a skill that can understand how people think, learns, react to changes, communicate, and work.
                For me to discuss the characteristics of system analyst that I possess would take me time to discuss.  In my 18 years of existence, for me, the first characteristics that I have as a good system analyst is that I can deal with problems resourcefully. In dealing with problems, I spend most of my time multitasking doing something, and thinking and solving problems at the same time so that I can thing deal the problem immediately. In dealing with problems the first thing that I always consider are the things or resources that I have, in case that it would help me dealing in my problems. It includes what would are the things that I have and the things that I need, the money  that I need to buy or get the things that I need, and the time that I would spend doing something concerning with that problem or project.  I also consider the energy I have if I am exhausted, I sleep for an hour since sleep is my priority. My approach to a problem depends on the problem because for me, problems have differences and have to deal with it differently.
                The other thing and characteristics which I proudly of is that I have a sense of analysis. I always analyze things up to its small details. When I see things, I always think towards things like what would be it use, what made up to this thing, how can I use it efficiently, and how can it help me solving problems.
When I analyze thing, I usually want to know and think something about it from its general aspect to its basic and smallest detail concerning about it. I believe that everything and every problem that I encounter are just related and is correlated to what I usually do and I usually encounter and saw in my daily life. Analysis for me is just observing the broad detail up to its smallest detail. It’s just like solving mathematical problem or solving physics problem, solving or doing programming and playing chess. I always analyze even I played games and doing strategies in gaming.
                In analyzing problems, I always consider is that, how can I solve this problem and what would I do to solve this problem. I deal with project or problem like I played chess. I always consider what will happen I move this way or move that way. In think problems while walking or while I wait for a bus. i just want to deal with problems logically in a way that I can have benefits when executing my plan or analysis, it is like chess. To have a logical approach in solving problem makes a me feel good and comfortable. I anticipate what will happen when I do something. in thinking about what method that I will do, I always consider the worst case scenario or the worst scenario that I would encounter when dealing with problems. I always think what would be my solution in that worst scenario initially. If I have solution for that happenings, that would be the time that I insert less effort in solving problem. In other words, I think and anticipate the logical methods on how to solve problem from the worst case scenario to the small things that might happen along the way. Someone says that I am a logical man and I think about things differently to the point that they do not understand when I explain it to them. When formulating methods in solving problem, I always ask the question or “why not this?” or “is my effort worth it?”
                In my course, technology should be my best friend. Even I cannot buy some of it, at least I read some reading materials to know the features and basic functionalities of it. Even I can’t by it, I have the basic knowledge on how to use it and I can say that a gadget is faced out or out of the latest. I have to know the latest technologies that are existed in the mainstream or even the ideas of technology that were presented by inventors of companies around the world. I have to read a lot to know the most basic and most complex technology that are existed around the globe.  Above all, my interest would remain to the latest technology concerning with the computer and its different usage. The latest computer architecture and the latest computer components that is present in the mainstream. it includes the new networking tools and devices, and the new programming language presented by the computer scientist. I also am observing the new updates about the latest networking protocol and the new computer related stuff. In reading something about the latest gadgets and technology, I always consider what would be the use of the gadget or technology in solving the world problems and its other usage and functionalities.
                In my course and in my 3rd year of my study, I had a great experiences concerning about computer networking in my computer networking subject and computer hardware in my computer system organization. For me I have enough knowledge about computer networking and computer organization and hardware. In my class in computer networking, we are required to make or do computer networking designs. I also have to understand what are the usage and drawback of every networking components and device. I also had hands on exercises about designing a good computer networking design. In my computer systems organization class, we had a great time learning what are the components of a computer system and how the computer system work each other that make a computer system. I learned also from that class about how central processing unit (CPU) do its calculation and work. I also learned how the components of the computer system do their respective task in order to run a process, program or computer services. With those classes, I had great time learning the basic on computer networking and computer system organization, computer hardware, and computer architecture. After knowing the basic about computer, I always read some reading materials and articles concerning about the latest of computer networking, latest computer architecture, and computer hardware that the biggest computer hardware manufacturer offer. i also read something about the details in computer architecture and also the details in computer networking.
                I also have a basic knowledge and enough experiences concerning about database designing and implanting it using database management system (DBMS). it was third year first semester in my Bachelor of Computer Science Course that I had subject called database that helped me a lot about database design and implementation. In that database subject, I learned the details about designing database, making Entity Relationship diagram. I had a approachable and experienced facilitator that can answer my question and clear my confusion. I also learned how to make a system that made me knew what would I do to in making system which was in that case was a enrollment system. The things I learned on how to design a database made me finish our subject in making our version of enrollment system. Even though it was not perfect system, we did apply our learning in database designing and implement the database design to our system. in that class, I obtain the basic knowledge on how to design and implement a database in our system that we have done. I also learned how to connect database and I also learned how to use the Database Management System (DBMS) which I think has a great impact to my programming course. My knowledge about database designing would help me in analyzing a system and help me in my methods of system analysis and designing.
                In my course I learned several programming language like C, C++, java, and visual basic. I learned my C and C++ when I was in my 1st year college, first semester. That was a tough time for me, since I was in my first year and have a hard time reading and analyzing C++ codes. That time, it was my first time seeing computer codes and it was my first time making programs. My interest in coding is getting strong, and made me more inspire to do some readings about some functions and the things that C++ can do. At that time I learned how to interpret and read the structure of codes, and i think my way of analysis was enhanced with reading and tracing computer codes. In second semester of my first year in college, I had a subject that facilitates us to learn about java. At that time my analysis was more enhanced and it made me do my own algorithm. At that time I was able to design, implement and make program structures within my program. It was the first that I did a system without using a database and database management system. Instead, I did some data structure in order to manage my data. My way of thinking was improved at that time. In my database subject, our facilitator introduced us to visual basic. My knowledge about programming languages would be a great help in doing some system analysis and designing. My way of analysis that was developed while studying those programming languages would be the greatest for me as system analyst.
                In my college life, I almost think ahead about all of my schedules, projects, and the things that I have to do. I plan things if not alone, while I was walking with friends and I do it silently without them knowing it. i always use my head, use it for planning what would me my next step or the thing that will do or the thing that I will do after school. It makes me comfortable when I anticipate what probably will happen and know what I would do when I encounter those things that might happen.
                Even I don’t have experiences running a business. i can say that I have enough observations about business. Even though I can’t verify my observation about business structure and organization, it would take me small time to read and understand more how a business run and manage. And it would take me only small time to know the details about how a business was organize and construct. My observation skills would help me a lot in learning business management and structure. Concerning about my strategy skills, I always consider everything as applicable to strategy. From playing tag of wars to playing computer games like DOTA (Defense of the ancient). When thinking about the strategy, I always consider what would be the efficient way to win the play if it is with game applying strength. If it would a computer game, I always consider what the weaknesses of the enemy team are. From that, I determine what the strengths of the team are and play with it. In real life, I apply the same way of thinking strategy of doing something so that it would be efficient for me to exert efforts. I consider myself as a strategist, but concerning about whether if i always make a good strategy, i can’t tell something about it. Sometimes they always accept my strategies or play with my play since I am always the play or strategy maker of every team that I join. When planning strategy about a project or academe activities, I always let the ideas circulating I always accept ideas that can collaborate to the existing strategy or sometimes, I always give ideas to make the strategy more stable and effective and sometimes they accept it, sometimes they not. Above all, I am very confident about my ability in formulating plan and strategy but it would take more practice to advance my analysis skill to analyze from the biggest aspect to the basic and smallest detail of things that I analyze. Because for me, in order to make a good analysis, everybody must have to identify what are the things to analyze and I have some difficulty in identifying It when analyzing something because I always see the obvious things.
                As I wrote before, I consider myself as a good observer. Before college, my interest was focused on how the people think and decide. From time to time, I always observe the behaviors and characteristics of my classmates and even to every person that I met. In my observations to my classmates and people around me, I always ask why they act like that and why they do that. With that observation, it resulted to me not to trust everybody so easily. I found out the people around me act similarly and with that observation, I can anticipate what would be their next reaction and what would be their decision. With also in my observations, I can say that I can have at least a small anticipation on how people around me think, decide, and learn. I believe that I still did not see the different characteristic, behavior and psychology that people can do, that makes do more observation on every people I see.
                Everything that I mention about the characteristic that I have as a system analyst is the thing that I can confident to myself. Even though the characteristics I have are not as great as those of professional System Analysis, the characteristics of those system analyst are still in my practice now. It will be just time can say if every characteristics that I mentioned would be improved or perfect along the way in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment