Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 1

I went on a company visit to?
PLDT(Philippine Long Distance Telephone) Company innoLab building. The company is located in front of Rizal Technological University in Mandaluyong City. And Spi global in Paranauque City.

What I learned?
                First thing that I learned when I arrived to Manila is that the building in the movies that I saw is not a joke or some trick. They’re amazingly huge and tall, and there are numbers of them. While the bus is running, I found people living in a tight place under the bridge doing nothing.  I learned that they got the tallest building in the country but they also got the shortest and snuggest place in the country.
                While taking my breakfast in the bus, I found out that McDonalds offers eggs and pancakes since I was eating it that time. Other than that, while eating my breakfast in a running bus, I also learned that it is hard to eat in a running vehicle. And also while in the bus, the tour guide told us something about the landmark that we are about to go by.
 In the PLDT innoLab, i learned about the history of the PLDT. From the year of it established to what the company is now.  I also learned the different technologies that the company used when it was first established. They showed the about improvement of the telephone industry over the years. In our discussion with Engr. Edmund Mamboyo, I learned many things about him and I also learned the concept of transmitting data over the wire which made me  realized something about networking. I learned also about what are in the telephone wires.  I also learned that an optical wire-connections are the backbones to the Philippine network. i  learned also what are are in the telephone line, and telephone box that I always saw on the street. I also learned the technology that they try to innovate in their lab. I was exposed to different technologies in their lab that made me realize something new ideas. My experiences in PLDT fill some of the missing piece in my jigsaw puzzle of ideas about networking.
In the Spi global, I learned the history of their company and the company structure of their company. I found out that their company is number one in the BPO industry and I also found out that they are owned by PLDT chairman, Manuel V. Pangilinan. In the discussion, I learned things about outsourcing.  I learned also the services that they offer to their clients.

What I Liked?
                What I liked the most is to see the high building of manila. I liked also the fact that our field trip was well planned and organize. i also liked the bus that they used for our travel. I liked the food that they offer to us. I also like the fact that our tourist guide is knows everything about the place and he approachable.

What I didn’t like?
                The thing that I don’t like most is the fact that the only available water is cold. It severed my colds that time. I don’t like also that we are eating in a running bus. It’s hard to eat while everything is moving and shaking which made me not enjoyed in my breakfast that time. i don’t like the fact that the tour guide always talk something nonsense which made me feel dizzy at that day.  i don’t like that from the airport we eventually have our company visit and force ourselves to have our breakfast in the bus while it is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment